Here's the link to the article: http://www.prettyandwise.com/blog/after-the-fire

Leadership is hard and when we fail as leaders, it can be crippling. But here a couple things to remember...

Failure is an event, not a person.

Failure does not define you, degrade you, or defeat you when you are in Christ Jesus. 

Can you think of a time you failed as a leader? Maybe as a mother, a wife, a friend, in ministry, at the workplace, or any other sphere in which you lead. If it were someone else who failed instead of you, what would you tell them? Would you give them more grace than maybe you have given yourself?

God is the one who qualifies us for leadership. We don't qualify ourselves by a great track record or trying really hard or any other factor. It's just the Lord. And he's not done with you because you failed - no matter how spectacular that failure may have been - or is currently. What pleases the Lord is a broken heart and contrite spirit. 

Romans 11:29 tells us that the gifts and callings of God are irrevocable. Do you know what that means? HE'S NOT DONE WITH YOU. He's got grace enough for that sin too. He's got victory enough to cover your failure. 

Verses for reflection:

"For the gifts and the callings of God are irrevocable." Romans 11:29

“For My hand made all these things, thus all these things came into being,” declares the Lord. “But to this one I will look, to him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word.” Isaiah 66:2

“The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.” Psalm 51:17

“For thus says the high and exalted One who lives forever, whose name is Holy, “I dwell on a high and holy place, and also with the contrite and lowly of spirit in order to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.”
Isaiah 57:15