Here's the link to my article: Focus and the Irony of Rabbit Trails

I find it ironic that in this month, after so many months of lock-down due to the pandemic, the social unrest in our nation,  the politi-wars beginning with the election coming closer,  our word for the month has been FOCUS. ("Calgon take me away!")  Is it just me, or does anyone else find themselves struggling to focus on the things that God has placed in your hand to do? 

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all of your might. Ecclesiastes 9:10

It was so difficult to get the words written for this article...I had so many notes and quotes and yet God led me down an unexpected trail. He led me back to the importance of focusing on HIS Word. Light bulb moment: when I am focused on His word...reading, studying, applying, obeying, trusting, resting in...I experience His peace. Yes, even in the midst of all of this unrest. It has been a guiding principle in my life...how could I forget it? My life verse, Matthew 6:33(I love the entire chapter), has been the basis of that principle. 

I particularly love the Phillips Bible Translation of this verse: 

So don’t worry and don’t keep saying, ‘What shall we eat, what shall we drink or what shall we wear?! That is what pagans are always looking for; your Heavenly Father knows that you need them all. Set your heart on the kingdom and his goodness, and all these things will come to you as a matter of course.

So, let me ask you, 

What's in your hand? 

When we begin our day in HIS Word, whether it be a few minutes or a few hours, in seeking His will in prayer, we can then look to all that God has placed before us. Our family, our occupation, our hobbies, our skills. 

So, let me ask you:

• Are you getting into the Word daily?
  • What's in your hand? List the things that are on your plate right now.
  • What skills, giftings, or experiences can you add to that list?
  • Has God given you a specific assignment for this season in your life?

Now...God live fearless and focused!