Article: Remember Whose You Are

"For you died and your life is now hidden with Christ in God."      ~Colossians 3:3

In the article after talking about the plethora of sources I found online about the word, Identity, I made this statement: "We seem to be obsessed with this word. Obsessed with finding our own identity, whether as an individual or as a collective people group. There seems to be an innate desire within, a longing, to want to understand who we are...or whose we are."

Do you think this is true, and if so, why? 

I made a case for why we can find our true identity in Christ. So why do you think we, as christian women, struggle so much with identity?  

Does the enemy try and sidetrack us on our way to our true identity? Or is it just our own insecurities, or both? 

In Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis tells us,
“Your real, new self (which is Christ's and also yours, and yours just because it is His) will not come as long as you are looking for it. It will come when you are looking for Him."

I believe that when we realize who our Creator is and we accept that throughout the history of mankind He has been in pursuit of our hearts, we will realize who we are in light of what God's Word says about His character,  and our character. We will discover the answer to our longing to belong.  When we find ourselves as part of the family of God, it begins us on a journey of the pursuit of relationship Christ and ends with a realization of who we are and how we connect, our purpose, in the whole story. His story is our story.  What's your take on this thought?